Sunday, September 07, 2008

Fall TV And All Is Right With The World Again

September 1st hit and Chicago got the memo.

Up until then it's been nice and hot and summer-y all over the place, and then I go to one day of class and suddenly the leaves have changed, it's raining, and I shut my windows for the first time in three months. The upside is that I'm back in my sweats instead of sitting on my couch in a pair of boxers and a wife beater, drinking white wine from 7-11, sticking my feet under the cold water and then running to the fan to simulate some sort of air conditioning.

This weather makes me want to buy lots of school supplies and watch My So-Called Life on a loop. Fall seems to feel the same no matter where I've lived, but the whole 'having seasons' thing is turning out to be really nice. It's like a reward for enduring whatever life winter sucked out of you. Plus(!) to make the transition into cold that much more bearable the fall line-up is back and tv is about to get awesome again!
Thank god because I was getting much too much reading and work done now that I finished Lost and Veronica Mars.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Y'know those little red arrow tab-y things that we use at work to mark places to sign? They need to make those for blogs.

Especially this one. Cuz you need to mark this puppy nice and bold so it stands out on one of those Chicago winter days when you're writing about how you went out for a run and the air was so cold it made your face freeze and shatter and your lankiness went slip-sliding on down the avenue trying to retrieve the bajillion shards of Amy.

However, that said, those are usually my favorite entries.

Carrie said...

Also, not that you're taking nominations or anything, but I'd like to submit "Shards of Amy" as a possible title for your autobiography.