Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year’s Resolution #1: Procrastinate Less And Try To Pay Attention To Ooh What’s That Shiny Thing?

I should be working on the play I’m supposed to have finished by the time I start school again, but am I worried about that?

Hell no!

Jack Bauer is trying to kick a heroin habit in a single 24 hour period AND save the world yet! again! Who am I to deny him my attention? He needs me.

Other things I’ve done instead of writing this-thing-that-has-become-impossible:

1. Braided my hair with ribbon.
2. Baked brownies using oregano so that if I ever make pot brownies I’ll know what they look like.
3. Vacuumed my whole house without unplugging it a single time. Try that people with houses bigger than 800sq ft!
4. Internetted.
5. Unbraided hair, disgusted with the look of ribbon.
6. Resisted the urge to watch the last 14 episodes of 24 in a single sitting.
7. Watched all of season 6 Friends episodes instead.
8. Ate oregano brownies.
9. Texted Alex about love of Jack Bauer’s new sidekick.
10. Napped.

There should be some sort of electrical device that zaps me every time I don’t write when I sit down to do so. Not that I would ever hook it up, I’d be too distracted trying to figure out how to get hospital corners on my brother’s bed, mumbling something about how I shouldn’t have quit nursing school to get my master’s or I’d know how to do this still.



I hope everyone has a very Happy New Year and has no need for hospital corners or the wiles of a Jack Bauer-esque figure! But if you do, rest assured he will save you no matter what sort of limbs or internal organs he's missing, because he's just that amazing.

1 comment:

matt said...

I advise against watching entire seasons of 24 in a short period of time. I tried that with seasons 1 and 2 and had nightmares about being kidnapped and/or terrorist attacks almost every night.

I forgot that you used to be a proto-nurse. I hope you at least kept the outfits.