Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ten Reasons Why My Sister Deserves A Really Great Brithday Today

1. Because yesterday when I couldn't find my ice cream and vehemently decided to blame it on the cleaning lady, Becky backed me up - even when a half an hour later I found it in the oven where I'd left it to defrost like, four days before.

2. She's not ashamed to wear her Paramore concert shirt out in public.

3. She's not ashamed when I wear my high school P.E. shorts out in public.

4. If I quote her yelling at me from a home video circa 1984, she will, without fail, roll her eyes at me and yell, "You can't quote a home movie weirdo!" and will then quote a different one to me. Because as children, we spent a ridiculous amount of time documenting ourselves. My mom wouldn't even know how to turn the thing on, and my dad was too busy filming the scenery around us and announcing it all, "And here's the tree in our front yard . . . it used to be smaller . . . but now it's a little bigger . . . and look. . . it's right next to our honeysuckle bush . . . which is about the same size as it was last year." Someone had to capture our youth, and it sure as hell wasn't gonna be our parents.

5. She once broke her toe from too much dancing.

6. Up until she was about eight years old she refused to wear a shirt if it was hot out on the grounds that 'the boys didn't have to wear shirts, why should she'.

7. She's stopped getting mad when she notices I'm wearing her underwear.

8. This is probably because one day we both realized we were wearing our mom's underwear.

9. Our mom has not stopped getting mad about us wearing her clothes.

10. When she was five she finished building a Construx house the size of a recliner and turned around and proclaimed, "I'm going to be an architect," and then she went ahead and did it. She has more dedication and talent than she ever gives herself credit for. And now she puts these in her clients houses.




11. She always shows me her toe cramps because they don't hurt her (alien) and her feet get so out of whack it looks like she has rubber bones, and this never fails to freak me out.

12. Anytime she's going out-out she'll ask me what she should wear and lets me do her hair, but always, always refuses the jewelry. It's the one girly moment we have together a year, in between her teaching me how to do a beer bong, and me showing her how half my toe turned black from running.

13. She has every episode of Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman on VHS.

14. She never cries at movies, not even if a little baby dies, or if that underprivileged black kid makes it as a pro football player because a sassy southern lady decides to raise him as her own - but if it even looks like a puppy, or some sort of animal is maybe going to get hurt, or just taunted, she'll bawl for four days.

15. She's really funny.

16. I don't even need to add this one, because it's totally obvious, but look at this - she's totally grown up into this ridiculously beautiful person.



Oops, wrong picture. That was the first time I did her makeup, she was very grimace-y about it.




And that was more than 10 reasons but I wasted some with all that embarrassing underwear talk.

Happy Birthday Becky!


(*And Michael! I didn't forget him people, he's getting Do You Know The Muffin Man sung to him 10,000 times tonight, and that's way more than equivalent than a blog post about him to him, trust me*)

5 comments:

Christian said...

Amy:

Awesome, awesome memories. Construx houses rule, yes, your trees in the front yard grew, and grimace-like makeup always freaked me out.

Happy birthday to Becky and Michael both.

--
Christian

EMS said...

Too cute! Happy birthday, Becky and Michael! Amy, I totally still wear my Junior High gym shirt in public, and I never understand why people laugh at me.

Becky said...

Awww my sister loves me!

Carrie said...

I NEED one of those bling-y toilets. Like, right now.

DolphinLvr said...

That just made me tear up...almost as much as Sela Ward!!! I love you Becky!!