Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Baby Fever?

I have a new favorite conversation to have with Becky. It usually varies a little bit but the premise is pretty much the same:

B: I feel like I have to pee every five minutes.
A: Are you pregnant?!
B: NO.
A: Are you sure? Cause Mom had that dream about you getting pregnant.
B: That was a while ago.
A: Well they don't call them prophecies because they've already happened. . . think about it.
B: Ok.
A: HAVE A BABY SO I CAN PLAY WITH IT!
B: No way! You have one! It's cheaper and easier for you to get preggers.
A: Sorry, I'm not relationshiping or sexing for that matter.
(Long pause where Becky tries to study and I stare at her)
A: GET YOURSELF PREGNANT!
B: No!
A: Lame.

I also have not had a drink in five days, and I have had a fever of 101 for four days so that's making everything a little more hilarious and a little more tragic than it should be. Just a little though.

*I just realized that saying I have not had a drink in five days makes me sound like an alcoholic. I'm not an alcoholic, I am just used to have a glass of wine at night. To wash down my sleeping pills. Before I start in on the tequila.

3 comments:

McGee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
McGee said...

Must be something in the "water" (and by water I mean wine/beer/tequila). Oh well, if nothing else in a year and a half we can play with N & B's baby.

Carrie said...

Babies and fevers and wine...OH MY!

If you weren't so damn far away, you could come over and play with mine.

BABY, that is.