Tuesday, February 19, 2008

At Least I Didn't Have To Pay For Gas

So, on Friday I drove Gige from Fresno to LA.

How can I do that whilst still in Chicago you ask? Do I have a robot replica or the ability to time travel?

I wish.

Nope, what happened was: she called, we started shooting the shit and all of a sudden it was three hours later. When she said, "Oh man, I knew I'd hit traffic at the Getty", I seriously considered the fact that the hour we spent totally silent while I cleaned my apartment and she, I don't really know what she was doing (singing along to Maroon 5 mainly), was probably not necessary.

But at least now when someone asks me what I did over the weekend I can say, "Took a road trip" instead of the usual, "Put on some flannel pjs and settled in with my new best friend (my space heater), and some dinner (half a box of chocolate covered oreos)."

2 comments:

Tiana said...

Yay for 3 hour phone conversations about absolutely nothing with your best friend!!!! I love you more than a whole box of chocolate covered oreos!!

aaron and samantha said...

Amy, you really shouldn't drive and clean your apartment at the same time. I am pretty sure it is illegal in most states.