Thursday, February 07, 2008

Nachos Are A Balanced Meal To Me

Because I live alone I don't cook as much as I would if I lived with someone or if I was near someone who wanted me to be cooking for them. My dinner usually ranges from nachos to toast then back to nachos. Because I'm creative.

But I was feeling rut-y so I decided to cook-cook. Turkey and artichoke stuffed pasta shells with arriabata sauce. Oh yeah, I don't fuck around.

$37 dollars later (Bottle of celebratory wine included - as opposed to regular night wine. This one is different because I'm cooking before I drink it.) I set off to cook. After burning myself on the oil in the skillet and setting off my smoke alarm, all while maintaining a conversation with Gige, I got things handled.

I, for some reason, also used every single fork and spoon I own whilst making this dish. I have no idea what I was doing with them, or how the were applicable in this dish. It was like sleep walking but with using utensils and without sleeping. Or walking.

You can't tell from the picture below, but it turned out pretty good. It was way too much work for just me so I'll probably never do that again (unless you come visit and then I'll cook and burn myself for you to no end!), but now I can say I've done that.

3 comments:

Tiana said...

I want that recipe!!! I LOVE recipes that require me to burn myself during the cooking process. It really makes the food taste better, if you ask me. People ask me, "Did you smoke this meat with wood chips?" and I say, "Nope, that's my singed arm hair." 'Cause, you know, I'm hard core like that.

Carrie said...

I will come visit you, only if you promise to cook this dish for me and while we eat together by the light of the pebble candles I bought you, whisper "arriabata" softly in my ear.

DolphinLvr said...

You are totally cooking that for me next weekend!!! I can't wait! I'm already getting my stomach ready for the goodness that is Amy's burned arm skin! MMM mmm good!