Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Glee

Something tells me Becky is going to stop watching Glee with me very, very soon.

There are two shows we wait to watch with each other (that's how we bond as sisters. we watch tv. talking is for suckers.) (oh and we sometimes do horrible dances in horrible outfits (bras and ill-fitting underwear) at each other when the other one is trying to do something important like, go to the bathroom in private, or not burn themselves on the fire that has started in the oven on the actual nachos themselves) (sidenote: tortilla chips are incredibly flammable) and those two shows are Glee, and Dexter.

Dexter is awesome because it makes me wish I was a serial killer. A thoughtful serial killer. My mom actually walked into work on Monday and said, "Dexter hasn't killed anyone in two weeks. TWO WEEKS! I'm getting really antsy."

"To watch a murder?"

"Yeah, but he only murders bad people."

Good call mom. Way to parent.

Then Becky chimed in later on that day, "Hey you know what I was thinking?"

"Why is Amy wearing my underwear? Because there's a really good explanation for that."

"No, I was thinking if Dexter can lure that girl back to his place he won't leave any traces that he went to her and then he can kill her."

"You were thinking about how to help someone murder better?"

"All day."

"Yeah, me too."

Anyway, the other show we watch, Glee is so wonderful to my heart sometimes I can't stand it. They sing and dance in between teen drama, and pregnancy, and fake pregnancy, and baby buying, and drugging, and a whole lot of Jane Lynch awesome. But the thing that is going to make Becky stop watching with me is the fact that I cannot stop saying "He's so cute" or "I want to French him" any time Finn comes on the screen.



I'm not even sure why. He's too pretty and young than I usually like (in high school I carried a picture of Kevin Spacey around in my wallet) but I swear to God the show comes on and I suddenly have sex turrets.

"I want to make out with him."

"I know Amy, you just that four minutes ago."

"I feel kind of creepy about it."

"You should - you say it sort of under your breath."

"No, I mean I feel creepy because he's in high school. He's like 16. I'm more than ten years older than him."

"You know in real life I bet he's in his twenties."

". . ."

"Here, I'll look it up."

"No, don't. That'll ruin it."

"And his real name probably isn't Finn."

"I said don't ruin it!"

"You like that you think he's sixteen?"

"It adds to the excitement of our love."

" . . ."

"I mean. . . "

"Nope, I think we're done here."

"But. . . "

"We don't talk during this show anymore."

No comments: