Friday, October 30, 2009

Not The Chaka Demus & Pliers Song

So I was making coffee this morning when this happened:


Coworker: Amy, I figured out who you should model your life after.

Me: Jesus?

Co: No. Aren't you Russian?

Me: No, but what does that have to do with-

Co: That writer from tv.

Me: Oprah?

Co: Is she a writer?

Me: What isn't she? She beat my marathon time.

Co: No, not her. That older lady with the really neat outfits and she solves things. Not Murphy Brown but...

Me: I hope it's not what I'm thinking. I'm not sixty you know.

Co: Murder She Wrote.

Me: Uh...

Co: Yes! You need to be like her.

Me: How did you mix her and Murphy Brown up?

Co: You know she just has this house in Maine and sits and writes. Everything is so neat.

Me: I sit when I write too.

Co: See! You can solve little town murders and write about them and everything is neat. You know you don't have messy murders, just cute little ones.

Me: Cute murders?

Co: Yeah, that you can write about. Nice ones.

Me: Wait, do you want me to solve murders or write about them?

Co: Oh, both I guess. And you should wear cute outfits.

Me: I am wearing a cute outfit.

Co: Not as cute as Angela Lansbury.


Well obviously Mrs. Coworker. What's cuter than Angela Lansbury?

No comments: