Thursday, June 17, 2010

Withdrawls

A: I hate summer.

B: Well, sure. Summer? Blagh.

A: It sucks so bad.

B: Yeah. And so do kittens and smiles.

A: No, that's not what I mean. . .

B: And newborn babies. God, they're the worst. All cute and stuff. Gross. Don't even get me started on fun . . . man, I hate fun.

A: I mean summer tv, not summer in general.

B: Oh I know!

A: Where's all mah stories?!? Glee is gone, Lost is over forever, Modern Family is on break, Nurse Jackie ended, I only got half of Princess Diaries 2 recorded before the Tivo changed the channel to tape ANOTHER episode of Teen Mom, Cougar Town is done, and I'm this close to actually watching one of those Jonas Brothers episodes you're taping.

B: Wait. . . what?

A: What? Oh, Cougar Town? It's actually kinda funny.

B: No, Amy.

A: Yeah, I like the kid who plays her son. He's sassy.

B: Nope.

A: I'd like to give him something to be sassy about.

B: No, I mean I wasn't stopping you about Cougar Town. You taped Princess Diaries 2? You know how we feel about Anne Hathaway!

A: What? No I didn't.

B: You just said you did.

A: When?

B: You just said you only taped half of it before Teen Mom came on.

A: I love Teen Mom.

B: Stop avoiding.

A: I'm so sad I'm too old to be on that show.

B: Me too.

A: Why weren't we getting pregnant in High School? We could have been on that show!

B: Two reasons: Band. Camp.

A: Stupid band boys not knocking any one of us up.

B: I know. Way to be safe drum line.

A: The whole drum line?? Really?

B: Ew! Not me. I mean Gabi, you, and Gige combined.

A: Please. . . We only dated one guy on drum line.

B: All three of you?

A: Well, no, just me and Gige - Gabi dated trumpet players.

B: Oh right.

A: I did branch off and date the saxophone guy for a little bit.

B: That was after High School.

A: Oh yeah. . .

B: This is turning into the geekiest conversation we've ever had.

A: I think we passed that point back when we started having a serious talk about Summer TV.

B: Good point.

A: . . .

B: . . .

A: But seriously-

B: I know! Where are all our shows at?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So why do you dislike Anne Hathaway so?

--
Christian

McGee said...

Conversations like these are why I actually like my family. My weirdness just blends into the crowd.