Thursday, January 25, 2007

Coffee & Carrie

Because I don't usually get to my desk until a good hour after I arrive at work (coffee and Carrie) I didn't notice the door was shut to my office. That is until Miss H walked in and screamed.

"Oh no! My door is shut!"

Interesting.

"My door is shut." She repeated.

"Hmmm."

"What should I do?"

"Open it?"

"Oh."

I'm not really sure what else she thought there was to this. Does she not understand how the doors work? I imagine she's opened closed doors before. It's not like she comes home every day and says, "Dang. Closed again," sighs, slumps her shoulders and sits on her stoop waiting for someone to help her figure out what to do next; her door winning another exhausting round of Stumped. Or maybe she was half expecting the office to be Muppet-y and if she opened it she'd see ninjas mid-ninja star fight. (Which is something I think we all want.)

I started talking about how ridiculous she was being until Carrie stopped me and pointed out a totally untrue fear of mine.

“Didn’t you just tell me you’re still afraid of Vampires?” I had said no such thing.

“I said no such thing.”

Plus being afraid of things that want to kill you in a sexy way is not the same as freaking out because you don’t know what to do with a closed door. Obviously.

Am I the only one who read Anne Rice novels in elementary school?!

You know what Anne would say? She would say, don’t open it. They can’t come in unless they’re invited.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

The only thing that would improve upon the concept of Coffee & Carrie would be Coffee, Carrie & Jammies.

Also, did you think that perhaps the reason Miss H had a problem with the door is because...(cue dark, doomsday music)...she IS A VAMPIRE!!!