Friday, January 26, 2007

Lark Creek Elementary School

*gasp*

They're making a movie out of Bridge to Terabithia.

I cannot express how much I love that book and how excited this is making me. I re-read it my freshman year of college (ASU) because since I wasn't blonde I didn't have any friends, except for my roommate who spent the night the very first night we moved in and then the only reason I saw her after that was if she was picking up her mail or asking me to take her to her boyfriend's house because he got lost somewhere selling sheets of acid and couldn't pick her up. Anyway, it was just as good. To the point of making me cry when it ended. But at that point in my life I cried when my VCR didn't tape Taxi like I told it to, so you know.

On my list of exciting literary things, this is number three. Right below meeting David Sedaris(1), and finding this picture(2):

Neal

That is a Stephenson manuscript, written by hand.



Ok, so maybe being brunette wasn't the only reason my roommate was my only friend.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Testing, 1...2...3...

Is this thing on?

Carrie said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that being a curly brunette MAY have had something to do with it. Not that I speak from experience, or anything. And to prove it, I hereby present a summation of Carrie's Wild & Crazy Boston University Freshman Experience.

Throwing caution to the wind, Carrie flew as far away as she could (without landing in the ocean, of course) from everyone and everything she knew to take that college bull by its horns. Her freshman year consisted of such racy adventures as reading in bed, attending each and every class session, and typing her english papers on an antiquated word-processor that she borrowed from the sophomore girl down the hall who obviously had no use for it, as she was busy participating in the boredom of hangovers. (Not that it matters here, but I can't help but mention that when said word processor was in use, it sounded like a gang shoot-out was happening right inside my dorm room). When Carrie's best friend and roommate took a three day weekend to NYC, Carrie seductively stayed indoors to (gasp) finish a report for Sociology 101.

Carrie fully crossed the line into slutty-whoreness when she attended a frat party for a grand total of 15 minutes dressed in nothing more than a Cross Colors shirt and baggy jeans and gigantic hoop earrings.

See, some brunettes really know how PAR-TAY!