Monday, May 03, 2010

Holly And The Suitor

So, last night I was sitting in bed working on my new cross-stitch of Holly Hobbie, watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, taking little breaks to spoon-feed my cat some of my ice cream, when it dawned on me. . .


I'm sitting in my bed doing a cross-stitch of Holly Hobbie, watching Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, and taking little breaks to spoon-feed my cat some of my ice cream!!!

There are two ways this can end:

1. The only thing missing is the impending crew of Hoarding to come busting through my door in a preemptive strike against what my mother is afraid I will eventually become*, a girl surrounded by piles of stuff, and needle-art (I just learned that term yesterday looking for some cross-stitch as my thirtieth birthday present from my sister.)(I mean, what? I asked for a motorcycle, not something only grandma's and ladies who think Aqua Net is god's gift to hair, do.)(Anyway - Needle Art! What are your hobbies? Oh, you know, hiking, surfing, needle arts. I'm actually a brown belt in the art of needling. It took me years to perfect a closing knot. - And that's how I ended up single FOREVER.)


(*to be fair, my mom thinks saving anything for more than a year makes you a hoarder. Thus Becky and I have no idea what our childhood paintings look like, or cute little baby clothes leftover, or you know, photos from 5th birthday parties - because our mom hates memories. And clutter.)

or

2. I maintain cross-stitching is awesome. It's the Pants movie and spoon-feeding my cat that may need to take a backseat.

May
, I said. I'm not kicking it out of my bed just yet. Plus, it's fun to play with my Mom's emotions a little. If she can't worry that her daughter will end up alone, not giving her grandchildren that aren't feline, and on a tv show where people's homes are seconds away from being condemned, what can she worry about!

No comments: