Thursday, November 16, 2006

Classics Shmlassics

You know when you say, “Hey have you seen that new show?” and your friend who is inherently better than you because she is married, owns a house, has a dog, doesn’t still work for her grandma even though she has a college degree, and knows how to correctly set up the address section on a business letter which is totally ridiculous because they teach you that in like third grade and why in the world does an eight year old need to know how to properly send a business letter, if the kid is so smart they’re conducting business they can look it up their damn selves. Anyway, you know when that friend responds, “I’m way too busy with real life stuff or reading the Classics in gold-leafed, leather-bound books to bother with mindless t.v. shows”? Well, f her. While she’s real-life-ing her way through the horror that is trying to decipher Chaucer in Old English, or “paying her bills”, you can be all cozy on the couch with a pint of coldstone, and your phone on vibrate near your down there while you make sure that they save the cheerleader so they can Save The WORLD!

I don't know if you all have caught on to the magic that is the show 'Heroes', but if you haven't you should. You should stop your working right now, drive over to my house, I live here:
home

You can meet me there and watch every episode I have tivoed. I will even fix you snacks. Who wants some snacks?!

Any show where a girl can get a tree branch stuck in her brain and then wake up and walk out of the coroner’s office so she can make it to school in the morning is real life enough for me.

I’m just sayin’.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

For a minute there, I thought you were talking about me. Until I remembered that I don't own a house and I still work for your grandma, too.

*sigh*

I love you so much I would walk to your house. And I'm not saying that just 'cuz you live next door, either.

Anonymous said...

Carrie before any activity please consult the nutritional plan and nourish your body. Thank you

24hr Fitness Staff

How exactly does one go about getting a branch lodged into their cranium? I did accidentally step on a toothpick which required me to take 3 days of work because it was just to pianful to walk.