Monday, November 27, 2006

Irish Showers

It's amazing people in Ireland reproduce at all considering it's too cold to ever get naked inside, let alone outside on the green hilltops where I used to imagine lots of sexy frolicking took place. Fantasy about windblown Irish sex with leprechauns skipping by in the background = ruined.

I almost considered leaving my clothes on for the shower but changed my mind when I remembered I had been in them for forty two hours straight and fourteen of those hours had taken place while sitting on a plane in a row next to a farter.

Taking a shower there makes you colder. Not because the water is cold, if you wait long enough it eventually gets hot, but because the amount of water that comes out is like bathing under a sink faucet so that the rest of your body is exposed to the icy air. You have to constantly be moving around like someone doing an interpretive dance to Ace of Base in the shower so that it's not wetting just your left shoulder. I enjoy having a clean left shoulder as much as the next person, but c'mon. I have a lot of other body that needs to be cleaned.

Flushing the toilet is a whole other experience I don't even want to get into right now. Instead I will keep it hush, like (my future husband once he realizes he's not really gay he just needed to find the right woman) David does:
davidsedaris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog makes me laugh OUT LOUD. Which is really great. Except for the times when Zaya is napping and I crack up like a crazy person out of nowhere and scare him half to death and he tries walking across the room half-sleepy-like and keeps falling down which makes him cry even more and then I have to run around to find cheddar cheese Goldfish to make him happy.

But other than that, laughing is good.

Anna said...

I really have to stop reading your blog while at work. Really. The volume of laughter coming full force out of my body is bound to get me into trouble.