Thursday, November 30, 2006

Two Things

1. I will not give into this:
taperedugly
Tapered jeans were God's ugly gift to the 80's. There's no room for them anymore. I don't care that people are wearing them again. I absolutely refuse. There's absolutely nothing flattering about them except for the fact that you will eventually have to get out of them, that is the only possible highlight about them, that one day, they will have to come off, and then you will be pants-less, and that might not be so cool - depending on the weather, place you happen to be when they come off, and the amount of exercising you've been doing.

2. I appreciate the seasons just as much as anybody. I got all gooey and weepy listening to Harry Connick Jr.'s Christmas CD this morning while writing a letter to a client that described why it was they had to pay $12000 in fines and a Happy Holidays to you. But that may have also been due to hormonal changes since I'm pregnant. Anyway, the point is, seasons are good. They remind you to do things like celebrate Chanukah and start tanning for Catalina, buuuuuut . . . I'm from southern California. To me the seasons change when it drops from 72 to 68. That's break-out-the-winter-clothes-and-find-me-a-hoodie weather as far as I'm concerned. So when I woke up and it was 60 degrees inside my house, and 45 degrees outside, I almost cried. I had to wear sweat pants on my run this morning. I hate wearing pants to run. (sidenote: putting me in tapered pants and making me run is the equivalent of killing my puppy and leaving it burning on my doorstep where I have to stomp it out even though I think it's flaming poo and then cry myself to sleep when I realize I just stomped on my burning dead puppy.) Iciness is expected in New York or even Fresno, not in the South Bay. But I am prepared to make the best of it and am building a snowman out of construction dirt in front of our office. He will be wearing sweat pants to keep him warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing so hard that Jon physically walked to my desk from the back room to see why I was crying.

Ooh, ooh...what are we naming the Snowy-Dirt Man? But I guess a better question would be, why did you choose this public forum to announce that you're having my love child?

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to drive back to the store where I got your Christmas gift-certificate and see if they'll give me my money back. It shouldn't be a problem, so far the employees at ALL TAPERED SWEATPANTS AND NOTHING ELSE have been really nice.