Friday, November 17, 2006

It's A Jungle Out There

The jack-hammering has stopped and those “dang mexicos” are gone. Which is sort of making me sad ‘cause now there’s no one to whistle at me when I walk into work in the morning. It's not every day ten muscular men whistle and call me baby before my hair had settled into an ‘ok’ state after blow-drying, since it takes about an hour after styling before it’s actually calm and reasonable, up until then it looks like I licked the end of a fork and gingerly stuck it into a light socket while holding onto frayed electrical wires with my other hand.

On the plus side, the door-slamming from my co-workers has stopped, and hysteria has subsided to a dull roar. Aside from the hourly, “Oh, sugar. I broke it! I broke the printer again! I didn’t even touch it. I don’t know what happened” from Miss Havisham, most of the yelling has stopped.

I’m sort of pleased with the rugged look our office has taken on now. Without any cement surrounding the building it kinda feels like we’re in the woods. Like we had to set up a make-shift accounting office suddenly, in the middle of battle, to make sure we filed all the extentions properly! Forget hot water and food and saving lives, what this war needs is taxes to be done damnit!

jungleoutthere

P.S. I'm making that face because Jungle coffee is gross.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is Jungle coffee like Jungle Fever?

I also jackhammer in the mornings from about 7:25-7:28am, but I do not think the local authorities would appreciate that.

Carrie said...

My dear Amy...how can you be a grown woman and still think that curly hair can ever possibly be described as "calm and reasonable?" Why do you think I come in with crunchy head?

I'm glad you like the rugged look though. From what I hear, our desks will soon be old plastic patio furniture in the parking lot. And the rainy season's coming...don't forget your slicker.

P.S. - DISCLAIMER
The statements made by ogre on this blog, your myspace page or any other public or private forum do not necessarily reflect the opinions or views of this particular curly headed fat girl.

Anonymous said...

You know, that picture you use for your blogger profile had me wondering what was originally in the right-hand side of that photo. Then I remembered that you used to date that guy from Color Me Badd. Don't be ashamed, Amy. We all thought they were cool in the 90s.

Katie said...

Amy, I can't tell you how much I miss you. I'm so sad this crazy war has caused the country to reinstate the draft, but I take comfort in the fact that you're out there, doing taxes for our boys, risking your life in the name of the I-R-S. Come home safely.

Anna said...

I love you. I love your blog. It makes me piddle.