Saturday, March 13, 2010

Go Ahead And Judge

I totally bought a leash for James. Which is the beginning of the end people. The beginning of the end. First I buy a leash for a cat, then I turn thirty, then it's just a matter of time before I'm crocheting little kitty booties for him and taking his picture when he's wearing them and having it appliqued onto a hoodless sweatshirt that I wear everywhere and when people ask what his name is, I will pull out the sweatshirt to look at him upside down and say, "Who this little guy? This is my son James. Isn't he cute? He's mama's little boy. Isn't he? Aren't you?"

Sidenote:
(Little kitty booties!)(How fucking cute!)

Anyway, all that hasn't happened yet. For now he loves laying in the sun, and is a little hesitant of my backyard, but to be fair I would be too. We're like one non-working toilet as a planter away from being considered white trashy. Which makes me think maybe every time you look at someone's house and mutter something judge-y under your breath maybe they're not that bad, maybe it's just that their sister was too drunk to find her keys one night and had to climb in through the window and that's why the screen is resting up against that tree, and that broken table is just from the night they wanted to lay down and look at the stars but the grass was wet so they spread out on the old wood table and it snapped in half and they're not sure when Big Trash day is so it's just hanging out by the fence, and the folding chairs are still sitting there because the girls are in a standoff with their cousin for leaving them there instead of putting them back in the garage from whence they came, even though he lives in Tennessee and doesn't actually know they're in a standoff with him and the chairs so this is really just a moment they're standing behind their principals just to stand behind their principals because if you don't have your principals what do you have?!?!

Chairs in your backyard! That's what you have!

Or James in your backyard! Being scared and thrilled all at the same time. And making me wish I spent just a little more time being tan, what with the glowing arm that is blending in with the concrete and all.




This is right before he rolled over to sun his stomach and farted in relaxation - which is something new he must have learned in the wild because I've never heard him do that before! And then he started purring, because he was so proud of himself.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

You are so not allowed to become the old cat lady, Amy! NOT ALLOWED! Need I remind you that you have an old cat lady living in very close proximity already. Is that what you want for you life???

You need an intervention. Remember the good old days? You...me...panties in your pocket!

C'MON!!!

Unknown said...

I tried to put a leash on my cat, Bodybag, but she just laid down and cried about it.