Friday, March 26, 2010

Phil Dunphy

Becky and I were watching Modern Family last night, and right after the scene where the dad, Phil, goes to do something and gets distracted by fifty different things until he ends up on the completely opposite side of the house, in the garage, suspended between his car and a shelf, knocking down everything in a ten foot radius because distraction #51 was that he saw some glasses he'd misplaced but didn't just get a step-ladder, he crawled over his car and stretched to reach the glasses, even though there were like fourteen easier ways to get to it, then collapsed onto the floor, a wake of destruction behind him, but triumphantly holding his glasses over his head - after that scene Becky turned to me and said:

"Oh my god, he's you in male form."

"Phil Dunphy?"

"Yeah, did you see what he just did, Captain ADD?"

"It's ADHD now. And I'm not that bad."

"Yesterday I asked you for some popcorn and two hours later I found you in the garage wearing your old Drill Team outfit and looking at baby pictures."

"It still fits though."

"That's not my point. My point is, you get distracted really easily."

"I thought the popcorn might be in the garage."

"And then?"

"And then I saw something shiny sticking out of one of the boxes."

"Exactly. Phil Dunphy."

"Why can't I be like the Latin girl?"

"Are you kidding? Have you seen how sexy she is."

"Thanks."


I can't find that clip anywhere, but here are some other clips of Phil, and how my sister sees me. If I were a man.








1 comment:

Carrie said...

If Phil had the cool straight perm with those awesome 80's wavy bangs, I would not be able to tell the two of you apart.