Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why I Need My Mom To Give Back The Jacuzzi She Stole From Us, And Then I Will Build A Shelf Unit All Around It To Hold Ding Dongs And Bourbon

I just sat down at my computer after reviewing for three hours, and my whole body is tense and my vision is totally blurry. It took me seven minutes to realize the words I was reading were 'Time Warner' and not 'Toad Warmer', and my neck is so stiff I look like Joan Cusack in Sixteen Candles without the head gear. (Oh my god I had head gear when I was thirteen, because God took a look at me and said, "Thirteen, six-foot-one, one hundred pounds soaking wet, the weirdest curly bob of a haircut, Life Goes On glasses, and new-teen acne. . . I don't think this could get ANY more awkward if I tried. . . oh, wait a minute!") (It's amazing I ever got kissed looking like that. Good thing personality really does go a long way. Well that, and our school's first padded bra. I had people fooled for years. Years!)

And now there's a numb shooting pain from my elbow, down out through my right ring finger, which two doctors and a Rite Aid checker have assured me is not a sign of a heart attack because it's your left arm that hurts when you're having a heart attack, but it could be a sign I need to stop wearing hair bands around my wrist.

Ooooooh right.

Oops! Sorry for bothering you on the weekend Dr. G! I love you!

Anyway, if the pain switches to my left arm I'm totally taking that as a sign that I need a day off.


*sigh* And of course because I typed that I got asked to come in to work tomorrow. And why won't I say no? Because my grandma looked sad.

She is so sneaky.

No comments: