Wednesday, April 07, 2010

LOST (disclaimer: if you don't watch LOST you'll hate this post. Also, Gabi, I'm not spoiling anything)

Yeah, ok - if you can keep it up with the next five episodes, and rock my world like you did last night, then I will be so in love with you J.J. Abrams that I will completely forget season 3 altogether (stupid Others) (stupid "We have to go back Kate!").

DESMOND! I almost forgot about you. Oh my gosh I missed you. I missed you so much.

The magic of LOST is not that it sucks because it never answers anything (that's just how it sucks) it's that there are so many main characters you sorta feel like you're keeping track of your own social network* and keep confusing who is sleeping with whom, who is good and who is evil, and which year you're time traveling to and when. And WHY!?!

Oh wait, no. . . the 'why' is how it sucks.

Desssssssssssssssmond.

I know this sucks for people who don't watch, and I'm impressed if you're still reading this, because it can't make any sense, but let me just put you at ease a little - it doesn't make any sense to anyone. There's only five episodes left and still, WE DON'T KNOW ANYTHING REALLY!!! (Except stuff I can't say because Gabi would kill me) (Charlie dies). Every week I try to convince Becky it's Biblical, but only because she doesn't believe me. This week I told her Desmond is Jesus and the meaning of life (er, where life = the island) is love.

And then I cried.

Just kidding.

Pennnnnnnnnnnnnnny!

I'm not even ashamed about watching this show like I am about watching the Twilights. Because I sort of feel like if I don't see it through to the end, then it will have been waaaaaay too much Grad School time wasted. And I didn't pay seventy thousand dollars to not find out what happens!

I have standards for my education! So, if I can't get my Nobel Peace Prize, at the very least I can find out what happens with the Island. That much I can do for you.

I can do it for all of you.





*because according to my sister, James doesn't count as "my social network" given that he is a "cat" and I should try to "make more friends" and not just try to "build a large hamster cage tunnel habitat for him in the backyard so he can be outside without really being outside so I don't have to worry about him running away again", because he's my cat, not a giant hamster, and I definitely should not just "watch lost on my laptop and pretend I know them" and I certainly should not say things like, "Do you think I could take Kate in a fight? I mean I know I couldn't take Ana Lucia, she crazy yo, but Kate's nickname is Freckles - how tough can she be?", or "Yeah, I'm gonna see if I can fight her", but instead I should hang out with my real-life friends more, and maybe wait to put my p.j.'s on until it's dark out.

Whatever.

A cat-hamster tunnel-habitat would be AWESOME.

2 comments:

Michele said...

GAH! I was so confused last night. I think it would be necessary to watch every season all in a row to keep track of everything. And these flash-sideways are throwing me off. But I too must follow through! :D How are they going to wrap everything up with only 5 episodes left?! Oh and I love Desmond too! And Sayid is now a creeper. Same with Claire.

Unknown said...

I almost didn't finish reading the title of this blog, just in case it gave something away! Thanks for the reassurance, because I actually got to read it and loved it!!! God I can't wait til it comes out on DVD so I can stop changing tv channels and radio stations any time I hear the word LOST!!

p.s. Don't talk about my Sayid like that missy!!