Friday, April 16, 2010

Sleep-less

I slept in til 8am this morning. EIGHT AM. Do you have any idea how much of a princess that makes me feel like? And I don't even like that word - princess - it makes me cringe in weird places, and throw up in my mouth a little. It's like some weird allergy I contracted when I was little, and any time I get near anything pale pink, or tiara-like I freak out into hives and want nothing more than to get dirty and smoke Marlboro Reds in front of newborns.

(Ok, that's not true. I do not want to harm babies with second-hand smoke. And I have friends who are princess-y and they are lovely, and I mean no harm to them, I just mean. . . well, I'm too tall to be so dainty. There. I said it. I'm girly, but tiny and girly - no. I mean, if I had to be in a Disney movie I definitely wouldn't be Princess Jasmine, or Ariel, I'd probably be a side character who's eyeballs are normal size, and not 3/4's of their head like the main characters are so that they look cute; I'd be like, the talking parakeet, or the chubby friend who's always falling down wells.) (No, I'm not chubby, but I fall a lot.)

WHAT THE HELL AM I TALKING ABOUT?

This is one of those blogs I should delete and start over.

But I got too much sleep last night to do things that make sense.

Anyway, 8am. And I feel overslept and more tired than yesterday, and James could not understand why I was still in bed so late and so he climbed onto my chest to YELL directly into my face, until I opened my eyes, which I only did because he managed to find the exact spot of boob-standing that would inflict total and utter agony. (I don't know because I've never had them, but sometimes I have the feeling boob-hurt is fairly similar to getting hit in the balls. Especially because you never see it coming. One minute you're going to hug your grandma and the next an elbow gets involved, and suddenly you're fairly certain you'll never be able to breastfeed from your left one.)

When I pushed him off me and rolled over onto my stomach to try and sleep more (while protected) James got up on my back and started kneading my butt and then circled it (like a puppy) but kinda kept slipping off, and then would have to climb back up and start the circling again, until he managed to plant himself directly on top of it where he purred as if to say "Fine, you're sleeping all day? Well I'm sleeping on your butt. It's cushier than the bed and you know it."

It was so cute it sorta made me want to sleep in every day! Except I can't because apparently when I do I ramble about Disney characters and balls.

Maybe this isn't the best time to write to some old professors for letters of recommendation.

Or maybe it's EXACTLY the time.

No comments: