Thursday, December 07, 2006

Chicken Bones

I don’t usually get very upset at work. When my boss says something like, “Look around your nest and get the one uh . . . and print with the record and changes to the note – Pat can you fax this – so holler if you have any questions. **click-click-bang-smash. . . dial tone**” I just shrug it off. I have no idea what she’s talking about, and because of that I like to assume she was complimenting me, or praising me in some way.

Today though, I walked in to find Carrie in hysterical laughter at the front desk. While crawling under our boss’s desk (don’t ask, we do lots of weird things that cannot be explained in the normal world) she found a chicken bone. A CHICKEN BONE. That’s not that unusual or upsetting, that’s normal – what was upsetting was the fact that while Carrie was telling me about this, my (pretty much blind) boss buzzed me and yelled, “I didn’t have an appointment with them! Stop doing what you’re doing this is HOT. God damn it . . . I need to yell at everyone today.” and then hung up on me. That wasn’t complimentary or praise in any way. I’m still not sure what it meant, but I’m picking up some signs that it wasn’t good, because when I walked past her office a minute later she was crumpling up any stray papers she could get her hands on in a very angry way. “I can’t do **crumplecrumple** everything by myself **crumplecrumple** I should just fire them **crumplecrumple**”

Grady decided that showing me what I looked like when I was upset would make me laugh. This is his impression:
GbeingmeantoA


Apparently I have huge ears and puff up my cheeks like a scared owl when I get upset. No one gets to make fun of my ears except for my mom, so he’ll definitely be hearing about that part.

In the meantime, my Mom just walked past and said that she loves me more than Becky, and that Grady looks more like this than me:
Popples

But it did sorta make me laugh, so I went right back to happily ignoring all crazed chicken-bone-y-nail-filing-while-trying-to-calculate-depreciation calls.

She can take it out on the paper.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Laugh all you want about that chicken bone...I was seriously traumatized. The only thing that got me out of my sweaty, shaking, collapsed puddle on the floor was that picture of Grady.

Fan-freaking-tastic!

I always miss the best stuff.

Anonymous said...

I tell ya, that picture is identical to a mirror when Amy's mad. Sans the ears. Amy doesn't have big ears, or feet.