Monday, December 18, 2006

I Don't Even Like Christmas Music But This Is Like A Sweet Kiss From Jude Law In The Rain While People Pour Money And Liquid Chocolate Over You

I’m not even kidding. I love Harry Connick Jr.’s Christmas CD - a lot. (Thanks to Grady for forcing me to listen to it.) It reminds me of When Harry Met Sally, and that reminds me of my Mom, and she reminds me of how nice it is to be loved by someone so incredible you only hope you can be half as cool as her one day, and that reminds me of how much I have not yet accomplished because I’m 26 and I (muffled speech) movedbackinwithmymom (end muffled speech), and that reminds me of my friend who is married and owns a house, two cars and a puppy, and that reminds me I really should try to pay off my credit cards more than just the monthly minimum amount, and that reminds me that I’d rather watch a happy movie than think about my bills so I turn on When Harry Met Sally, hug my Mom, and forget about it all.

For at least 125 minutes.

7 comments:

Carrie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie said...

1. I hope you're not basing your general dislike for Christmas music on the crap they play on KOST 103.5 at this time of year. Everyone even remotely affiliated with that station should die a slow, painful death for finding the worst Christmas music ever made and playing it over and over again, 24 hours a day for an entire month.

2. Are you trying to kill me? You should know by now that placing the words "Harry Connick, Jr." and "chocolate" in the same general vicinity is enough to send me into overload. My feet are already twitching. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Deleted comment? What could be written about this blog, that could be so heinous, or so asinine, it would warrant the almighty Hand o' Amy to delete it? You must tell, with censorship that is...

amy m. stern said...

I didn't delete anything. Carrie did that all on her own. My guess is it said, "I love Amy" but she didn't want that to get out in the open so she censored herself.

Anna said...

I just hope it's not the sugar free chocolate sauce because that stuff tastes like rubber glue diluted with some toilet bowl cleaner...in a bad way.

Carrie said...

Yes! I've been found out...I deleted my own comment. I wish it had been some fantastically risque comment about Amy and I and panties, but in actuality, I just mispelled a word and wanted to correct it.

There...happy now? SO WHAT IF I'M NOT SPICY?!?!? WANNA MAKE SOMETHIN' OF IT?

JP said...

What does that office do to you people?