Thursday, December 21, 2006

Two Things

1. There's nothing I love more than walking past my boss's office and seeing her combing her hair, and feeling her way through her make-up application while Carrie reads her important messages. In the middle of an email from a mad client, my boss will stop her and ask, "Is my face on straight." *sigh* "Yes. Should I finish reading?" Our boss stares at her blankly, "I didn't tell you to stop."

No she didn't Carrie. I think she just asked you about her face being straight.

2. Except I might love these phone calls more than the morning primping:
*ring*
Me: This is Amy.
Boss: Hi. Bundle? Bundle right?
Me: I'm sorry?
Boss: *muffled speech from a mouth full of food* Isth thish bundle breaf?
Me: Are you . . . are you speaking english?
Boss: Gosh. You're so . . . doesn't anybody's brains work anymore?
Me: Apparently no-
Boss: -BUNDLE BREAD!
Me: Mundle bread?
Boss: Oh, is that what it's called?
Me: Yes.
Boss: When did he drop that off?
Me: Did my dad make it? I don't know. I think maybe my mom had breakfast with him this morning.
Boss: Oh, that's right. Today is a day.

Yes. Today is a day. Thank you for that.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Man, I wish somebody would have told me that today was a day. I surely would have made much more of it had I known.

And while morning make-up time is pretty fantastic, it can't compare to the toothbrushing, the ear picking and my personal fave, the vinegar-burp that follows her morning tea.

Why do I work here again???

Anna said...

Is today a day too??